Elopements, micro weddings, mini monies, pop up weddings (or whatever cool name they are called now lol) are here to stay. With the pandemic still hanging around, couples are looking at alternatives to the typical big wedding.
With that said, I reached out to our friend, award winning Tampa Bay Wedding Officiant, Sandy Stringfellow from Marry You I do, to share some of her top tips from her experience in working with tons and tons of elopements in the Central Florida Area...Here they are!
1. "This may sound weird, but plan the elopement - even if it's a week out. Don't just walk into the courthouse and get married. Think of what you want to say to one another. Think about what you are wearing." - Sandy
2. "Pick a spot that is meaningful to the two of you - where you had a first date, proposal site, first kiss, favorite vacation spot, etc." - Sandy
3. "Many restaurants have a private room or will allow couples to go in early to do an elopement. I recently did one in Tampa, the restaurant let us in 10 minutes before opening for lunch plus use a small private meeting room. Better yet, it was the site of the couple's first date!" - Sandy
4. "Double check any rules or regulations of your special spot - most beaches are fine as long as you don't set up structures, chairs, etc. But not all." - Sandy
5. "Hire a photographer. Elopers should definitely have a photographer. I have so MANY couples who think that not necessary.. Even if the couple is planning a big wedding celebration at a later date, THIS is still their REAL wedding." - Sandy
As wedding photographers and wedding ceremony musicians in the Tampa Bay Area, we can't agree more on Sandy's elopement tips! Plus...WE ELOPED so we know a little about elopements!! Yes, before it was a "thing" we eloped and we loved every second of it :) We planned, we had a special spot, and of course...we had a professional photographer!
If you need help planning your elopement, or if you are looking for an wedding officiant that is AMAZING, contact Sandy Stringfellow at www.marryyouido.com. She offers some amazing elopement packages which we also work with our photography and harp music to help you make the elopement of a lifetime with a personalized ceremony by a gracious and emotionally speaking officiant, unforgettable captures by a professional photographer, and a special touch of intimacy with the romantic sounds of the harp.
Visit our Elopement page for more information and then Contact us today for a quote! We would love to be a part of your elopement in the Tampa Bay Area!
Comments are closed.
Jose & Kristen Hoyos, Tampa Bay Area Wedding Photographer and Harpist for Weddings