When Nichole and Mario reached out to us, it felt like a match made in heaven! They shared their vision of their beach wedding (that included the harp for the music!) and we knew right away that it was meant for us to be a part of it! Their wedding will be at the amazing Lido Beach Resort in Lido Key / Sarasota area. Lido Key Beach offers sooooo many beautiful photo options that we decided to take the engagement photos at the hotel area, and let me tell you....it didn't disappoint! In a typical Florida weather fashion, it was raining during the day of the session and we almost thought about rescheduling, but we looked at the weather maps and all signaled for a clearing during sunset. So we decided to go for it...and I'm super glad we did!
We started in the parking lot area where there was a big puddle of water due to the rain and took some water reflection photos that I love so much. We then moved to the beach area where there are some small white wood buildings and some greenery. Then, we (by "we" I mean Nichole and Mario lol) got adventurous and climbed on the rocks for some epic photos! Lastly, we did a final walk in the water to finish up the session.
This session was so much fun!!! Nichole and Mario are such a cute couple with so much love and passion. With that said, we can't wait to be a part of their wedding! Take a peek at some of the photos from the session below as they may help you with some ideas for your Lido Key beach engagement session.
If you are looking for a wedding photographer or harpist in the Sarasota, Lido Key, Anna Maria Island, or Brandenton area, reach out to us! We would love to be a part of your wedding! :)
Mary & Bruce will have their wedding at the stunning Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay later this year. When I asked them about their engagement photos, they wanted to also have them at the resort. With so many beautiful areas for pictures at the hotel, I said, why not! Let's go! With COVID-19 affecting some of the restaurants temporarily closing, Mary spoke with the team at the Grand Hyatt to see if we could go up and take some engagement photos from the amazing views of Armani's restaurant. Gladly they were able to do so for us! And let me tell you...WHAT. A. VIEW! Take a look at some of the photos we took for their engagement. With so many other location options that the hotel offers, I can't wait to photograph their wedding later this year!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer in the Tampa area, contact us! We offer tailored photography experience at a very high level of expertise and professionalism!
The harp is a such versatile option for your wedding ceremony music!!! Not only it’s a perfect option to walk down the aisle to live music performed by a professional musician such a harpist, but also perfect for entertaining the guests during cocktail hour or small receptions. Here are the top 5 reasons you should book a professional harpist, especially if you are moving from big weddings to small, micro, intimate, or elopement wedding due to COVID-19:
1. The sounds of the harp are soothing, romantic, and surprisingly loud. There's nothing like the sound of a harp. It's like a piano that you can take pretty much anywhere, especially for outdoor weddings! The sound if powerful enough that it travels far, plus she only needs a small place to set up! Although a sound system is generally not needed, Kristen always brings one just in case.
2. Your song on the harp. A professional harpist will be able to play whatever song you want on the harp. Kristen will work with you to create a customized playlist for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception music. Want a special mix for your first dance? She'll make it happen!
3. It's generally a lot less expensive than hiring a DJ or band. Especially is you are having a small wedding and with some of the COVID-19 restrictions, it may not make sense to spend so much on equipment and a DJ or hire a bunch of musicians that can't maintain social distancing. Instead, entertain the guest with the beautiful music of a professional harpist playing while they mingle and eat during the reception.
4. Give your guests something to remember. As a wedding photographer, I have been in many weddings and have seen many options for wedding music. But, when my wife Kristen is the harpist for the wedding, it's the only time I hear the guest talking about the music and how beautiful it was. ALWAYS! Of course, that makes me happy :) I generally hear things like "OMG they have a harpist!" or "I've never seen a harp in real life before, it's so beautiful!" or "Wow! So cool that they hired a harpist!"
5. It’s a stunning and beautiful instrument to look at...making for beautiful and elegant pictures of your wedding. From the bride and groom photos or just having it as a backdrop, the harp is just so elegant! It's the official instrument of the royal family, so that should say something!
If you’re still undecided for your wedding music, you cannot go wrong in hiring a professional harpist like Kristen Elizabeth for your wedding! Remember, that with us, being a husband and wife team, it's even better! Kristen Elizabeth also helps as a second photographer during the day, so it's the perfect match :)
With that said, contact us today to learn how we can help you we can help you with our wedding photography and harp music experience! We want to be a part of your wedding day in Tampa Bay!
"Jose & Kristen are just FABULOUS! José does an amazing job with the pictures and expreases such creativity through photographs & Kristen for plays the harp beautifully and also is amazing at taking photographs. They are a wonderful team and what they do is priceless. Our photos came out amazing and they were able to capture every special moment in our wedding. The harp not only sounded beautiful, it added such an elegant and classy touch to our ceremony. This couple has a special talent! They are extremely warm and welcoming and make posing for pictures so effortless. I would HIGHLY recommmend." - Giselle, Bride
I've always wanted to photograph an engagement photo session in Downtown Plant City, especially at The Heart of Plant City mural found behind the Whistle Stop Cafe at the Collins Street Mural Park. So when Amy and Tim told me they wanted their photos in Plant City, I was super excited about the opportunity. When we got there, to my surprise Amy told me that her father was on the mural! I learned that Amy's father and family have deep roots in Plant City - which made this engagement photo session even more special! After taking photos at the mural, we did a quick stop at the old telephone booth outside the Whistle Stop Cafe store, then we walked to the old Plant City Hillsboro State Bank for some additional photos. On the way back, we did a quick stop by the State Theatre Antiques (Plant City's old theatre) where I saw a puddle on the street and visualized an opportunity to do a creative reflection photo! We then drove to the Old Plant City High School (1914 Plant City High School Community Center) a few blocks away. There we finished up the session with some beautiful sunset photos and more creative shots by the stairs on the side.
I had an amazing time exploring and learning about Plant City. Thank you Amy and Tim for letting me capture these and be a part of your wedding day later this year at the beautiful Cross Creek Ranch!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer or engagement photographer in the Plant City area, contact us today for a free quote! We want to be a part of your wedding! :)
Jose & Kristen Hoyos, Tampa Bay Area Wedding Photographer and Harpist for Weddings