The harp is a such versatile option for your wedding ceremony music!!! Not only it’s a perfect option to walk down the aisle to live music performed by a professional musician such a harpist, but also perfect for entertaining the guests during cocktail hour or small receptions. Here are the top 5 reasons you should book a professional harpist, especially if you are moving from big weddings to small, micro, intimate, or elopement wedding due to COVID-19:
1. The sounds of the harp are soothing, romantic, and surprisingly loud. There's nothing like the sound of a harp. It's like a piano that you can take pretty much anywhere, especially for outdoor weddings! The sound if powerful enough that it travels far, plus she only needs a small place to set up! Although a sound system is generally not needed, Kristen always brings one just in case.
2. Your song on the harp. A professional harpist will be able to play whatever song you want on the harp. Kristen will work with you to create a customized playlist for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception music. Want a special mix for your first dance? She'll make it happen!
3. It's generally a lot less expensive than hiring a DJ or band. Especially is you are having a small wedding and with some of the COVID-19 restrictions, it may not make sense to spend so much on equipment and a DJ or hire a bunch of musicians that can't maintain social distancing. Instead, entertain the guest with the beautiful music of a professional harpist playing while they mingle and eat during the reception.
4. Give your guests something to remember. As a wedding photographer, I have been in many weddings and have seen many options for wedding music. But, when my wife Kristen is the harpist for the wedding, it's the only time I hear the guest talking about the music and how beautiful it was. ALWAYS! Of course, that makes me happy :) I generally hear things like "OMG they have a harpist!" or "I've never seen a harp in real life before, it's so beautiful!" or "Wow! So cool that they hired a harpist!"
5. It’s a stunning and beautiful instrument to look at...making for beautiful and elegant pictures of your wedding. From the bride and groom photos or just having it as a backdrop, the harp is just so elegant! It's the official instrument of the royal family, so that should say something!
If you’re still undecided for your wedding music, you cannot go wrong in hiring a professional harpist like Kristen Elizabeth for your wedding! Remember, that with us, being a husband and wife team, it's even better! Kristen Elizabeth also helps as a second photographer during the day, so it's the perfect match :)
With that said, contact us today to learn how we can help you we can help you with our wedding photography and harp music experience! We want to be a part of your wedding day in Tampa Bay!
"Jose & Kristen are just FABULOUS! José does an amazing job with the pictures and expreases such creativity through photographs & Kristen for plays the harp beautifully and also is amazing at taking photographs. They are a wonderful team and what they do is priceless. Our photos came out amazing and they were able to capture every special moment in our wedding. The harp not only sounded beautiful, it added such an elegant and classy touch to our ceremony. This couple has a special talent! They are extremely warm and welcoming and make posing for pictures so effortless. I would HIGHLY recommmend." - Giselle, Bride
Alexandra and Steve had a fantastic wedding a couple of weeks ago. Knotted Roots on the Lake is located in Land O'Lakes was a perfect choice for the wedding.
The day began with me photographing Alexandra while she got ready at the bridal house. I really enjoy photographing bridal prep as it gives you a chance to get to know the bridal party a little better. My wife photographed Steve's preparations over at the guys super cute vintage silver trailer.
Once they were prepared, they took time to do a first look with the bridal party...Alexandra and Steve got super emotional as they saw each other for the first time. We love first looks because it gives us extra time to take additional portraits of the bride and groom, giving them more time to spend with each other later after the wedding.
It was a cloudy day and it obviously had the bride and groom worried about possible rain, but the clouds eventually left and the sun came out at the same time as the bride was walking down the aisle to the romantic music of the harp..perfect timing! They spent the wedding reception mingling with their guests and enjoying the moment.
As well as having a thoroughly fantastic day, it was just a joy to photograph Alexandra and Steve's wedding and I just know they will build a fantastic life together. :) Enjoy the highlight video and the images below from their wedding!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer and harpist team for your wedding in the Tampa Bay Area, contact us today!
We are so honored to have been awarded the coveted WeddingWire Couple's Choice Award for the Tampa Bay area once again for 2020. This award recognizes only the top 5% of local wedding professionals who demonstrate excellence in professionalism, responsiveness, service, and of course...quality!
We pride ourselves in what we do and we give it our all to our couples. Read our heartfelt reviews here, and then contact us to see how we can help you on your wedding day! By the way...my wife also won the award as the only harpist in the Tampa Bay area to have won it for the last 6 years in a row! With that said...thank you to all our couples! xoxo
Click here to learn why our couples love working with us!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer and wedding harpist in the Lakeland, Sarasota, Plant City, or all of Tampa Bay area, please contact us today! We want to be a part of your wedding. :)
Planning a wedding in the Tampa Bay area? Then you absolutely have to come to one of Tampa Bay's largest bridal expos at the Florida Wedding & Bridal Expo in Lakeland Florida. They have some amazing grand prizes and giveaways for participating brides. Some of these include thousands of dollars in honeymoon getaways, venue discounts, floral design, photo booth rentals, make up and so much more.
To register, visit the Florida Wedding & Bridal Expo registration page. Photo Harp is a proud sponsor and the official fashion show photographer for the Florida Wedding & Bridal Expo in Lakeland, Florida. Come visit our booth and say hi! We would love to be a part of your wedding day!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer in the Lakeland or all of Tampa Bay area, contact us today for a personalized quote!
Hi!!! Next month we have the wedding of Alex and Katie at the beautiful Sunken Gardens in St. Petersburg, Florida. For Alex and Katie, St. Pete is their home town and they wanted to have an engagement session with some of the amazing murals found in St. Pete.
We met at Sunken Gardens and took some photos at their sign, then we drove over to the "Greetings from St. Pete" mural by Derek Donnely from Saint Paint Arts where it started to rain on us, but we came prepared with some lighting equipment and umbrella for a cool shot. Then we headed to Bandit Coffee for another cool mural. By then the rain stopped and we were able to relax a little more without having to get wet lol. I had a blast with Alex and Katie and can't wait for their wedding coming up soon!
If you are looking for a wedding or engagement photographer in the St. Petersburg - or all of Tampa Bay area, contact us! We want to be a part of you wedding day :)