The harp is a such versatile option for your wedding ceremony music!!! Not only it’s a perfect option to walk down the aisle to live music performed by a professional musician such a harpist, but also perfect for entertaining the guests during cocktail hour or small receptions. Here are the top 5 reasons you should book a professional harpist, especially if you are moving from big weddings to small, micro, intimate, or elopement wedding due to COVID-19:
1. The sounds of the harp are soothing, romantic, and surprisingly loud. There's nothing like the sound of a harp. It's like a piano that you can take pretty much anywhere, especially for outdoor weddings! The sound if powerful enough that it travels far, plus she only needs a small place to set up! Although a sound system is generally not needed, Kristen always brings one just in case.
2. Your song on the harp. A professional harpist will be able to play whatever song you want on the harp. Kristen will work with you to create a customized playlist for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception music. Want a special mix for your first dance? She'll make it happen!
3. It's generally a lot less expensive than hiring a DJ or band. Especially is you are having a small wedding and with some of the COVID-19 restrictions, it may not make sense to spend so much on equipment and a DJ or hire a bunch of musicians that can't maintain social distancing. Instead, entertain the guest with the beautiful music of a professional harpist playing while they mingle and eat during the reception.
4. Give your guests something to remember. As a wedding photographer, I have been in many weddings and have seen many options for wedding music. But, when my wife Kristen is the harpist for the wedding, it's the only time I hear the guest talking about the music and how beautiful it was. ALWAYS! Of course, that makes me happy :) I generally hear things like "OMG they have a harpist!" or "I've never seen a harp in real life before, it's so beautiful!" or "Wow! So cool that they hired a harpist!"
5. It’s a stunning and beautiful instrument to look at...making for beautiful and elegant pictures of your wedding. From the bride and groom photos or just having it as a backdrop, the harp is just so elegant! It's the official instrument of the royal family, so that should say something!
If you’re still undecided for your wedding music, you cannot go wrong in hiring a professional harpist like Kristen Elizabeth for your wedding! Remember, that with us, being a husband and wife team, it's even better! Kristen Elizabeth also helps as a second photographer during the day, so it's the perfect match :)
With that said, contact us today to learn how we can help you we can help you with our wedding photography and harp music experience! We want to be a part of your wedding day in Tampa Bay!
"Jose & Kristen are just FABULOUS! José does an amazing job with the pictures and expreases such creativity through photographs & Kristen for plays the harp beautifully and also is amazing at taking photographs. They are a wonderful team and what they do is priceless. Our photos came out amazing and they were able to capture every special moment in our wedding. The harp not only sounded beautiful, it added such an elegant and classy touch to our ceremony. This couple has a special talent! They are extremely warm and welcoming and make posing for pictures so effortless. I would HIGHLY recommmend." - Giselle, Bride
Jose & Kristen Hoyos, Tampa Bay Area Wedding Photographer and Harpist for Weddings